Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Motivation...

Sometimes sources of motivation will just hit you when you least expect it... like in the Sunday paper. Crusing through the Sunday paper I see one of the magazine inserts and wham - there it is. A great layout and photos of local cycling heros like Keith Johnson and Mike Stoop (see picture above) .... so I thought, you know what... I think I want to get out and ride (didn't hurt Emily Joyner had also texted me asking if I wanted to meet her to ride....). So Jeff, Emily and I headed out....



Of course after weeks of great, dry, warm weather, it drizzled on us for the first 90 minutes out and we fought a steady headwind back. But I hadn't trained outside since mid-March and only 5 hours a week on the trainer left me ready for a good ride regardless. We knocked out 70 at a steady 25 so it didn't turn out as bad as I'd been bracing myself for....



So will it be another 4 weeks before I get out again? Will I start actually training? Will I race in the near future? Will I make it in the next edition of the cycling"IT" crowd in Tidewater?



As my daughter says to me (often) - "Daddy, that's crazy talk".....

No comments:

Post a Comment